We all have a tendency to accumulate too much stuff. If that’s you, there’s no need to feel guilty about it – especially when there’s a perfect solution that doesn’t involve getting rid of your prized possessions. Maybe you just need to find somewhere else to keep the things that are special, but don’t need to be on display. A self storage unit is the perfect way to make your life less stressful. Here are 10 ways that self storage units can be valuable:
1. You can use a self storage unit to keep that extra furniture that you just can’t bear to part with. You never know when you or someone else might need it and you know how expensive it will be to buy more. Maybe you’ve downsized your home and you don’t need so many beds, tables and chairs. A self storage unit is a great place to keep your spare furniture until you are ready to decide what to do with it.
2. If you’re lucky to be going overseas on a long-term holiday, you don’t want to sell everything and have to start again when you return. It’s much more sensible to rent a self storage unit for the duration of your time away. When you return, you’ll be able to set up house and get back to normal more quickly than you expected.
3. Perhaps your kids have left home but they haven’t taken all their worldly possessions. You want the house to yourself at last, but you don’t want to get rid of their stuff. It’s hard to know what they’ll need and what they’ll be happy to part with – and it’s hard to pin your kids down to make a decision. Instead of fretting about all that, a self storage unit is a great value for money way of solving the problem. The kids’ gear will be there when they need it and you’ll have the house to yourself. Perfect!
4. If you are a sports lover, your garage is probably full to the brim with sporting equipment. If it means you can’t fit the car in the garage, you might need to have a rethink. A self storage unit is a great solution. Your sports equipment will be safe, secure and kept at the right temperature. You can even set the unit up so it’s all stacked and shelved to make life really easy. Just drive in, pick up the gear and off you go.
5. Maybe you have a hobby that needs its own space. It might be fixing an old car, making model airplanes or any number of other activities. If that’s you, then you know what it’s like when other people move your stuff. To make sure everything is left exactly the way you want it, rent a self storage unit for your hobby gear and you’ll never have to worry about it again.
6. Life can generate a lot of excess paperwork and a lot of it can’t just be thrown away. If you feel like you’re fighting a losing battle with paper, documents and archived records, consider a self storage unit. It will make a big difference to your stress levels and keep your documents safe.
7. Sometimes you need a workshop or a studio to potter about in at the weekends and there’s just nowhere suitable at home. A self storage unit is the ideal answer. You can get away by yourself, get creative and then get back to reality when you’re ready. And you know that all your workshop materials will be in one place when you need them again.
8. If you’ve sold the house and haven’t found a replacement, you might be thinking of a temporary solution. But what do you do with all your gear? A self storage unit is the answer. They come in several sizes, including a size that’s just right to hold a houseful of possessions.
9. When you’re trying to sell your home, the best thing to do is to go for the minimalist look! That means decluttering big time. But what do you do with all the extra stuff? A self storage unit is just the right answer. Your prospective buyers will be amazed at the look of your home and be much more likely to put in an offer – which means you’ll be able to move to your dream home much more quickly.
10. If you have some really valuable possessions that don’t look right in your home, it’s hard to know what to do with them. One option is to store them in a self storage unit. You know they’ll be safe and secure and – who knows – they might even increase in value!
Guide to Replacement Windows for Homeowners
Reasons why you would want to demolish your old house and start a new one
There are many ways to reuse your wine bags
What Does a Tiler Do?
Cleaning Tips and Tools
How to clean polypropylene carpets
The Complete Guide to Full Spectrum CBD
Home and Family
Three steps to take when moving into a new apartment